Can I tell you a little secret? I have ‘celebrity crushes’ on a few scrapbookers – Cathy Zielske, Nichol Magouirk, Jessica Sprague, and Lisa Dickinson, just to name a few. They are scrapbooking rock stars and I love their scrapping style.
Another scrapbooking star I love is Lain Ehmann. She is funny, a great teacher and coach, and offers the coolest online classes. I have participated in several of her classes and I would recommend them to anyone who wants to learn more about this awesome hobby.
One of my absolute favorite things Lain offers is the Layout a Day Challenge, or LOAD. I have participated in LOAD three times in the past two years, with my fourth attempt coming up soon. Basically, it is just as the name implies–a layout every day for a month. (Don’t be scared! It is supposed to be FUN!)
Here is what I ♥ about LOAD:
- Doing a layout each day really motivates me to get a page completed. I am a ‘procrastinating perfectionist’ when it comes to scrapbooking (really, in just about every aspect of my life). LOAD forces me to just ‘get it on the page’ and not spend days on making the perfect layout.
- I have completed more pages during LOAD than rest of the year combined.
- As a beginner scrapbooker during my first LOAD, I was able to find my style and figure out what worked for me. I now know that I like clean and simple pages, that I prefer white or kraft backgrounds, and that I am not good at creating embellishment clusters. If I hadn’t done a layout every day for a month, I probably wouldn’t have figured that out as quickly as I did.
So, why am I telling you all of this? Well, the next LOAD challenge is coming up next month and I would love to have you join us. Here is what you get, directly from Lain herself:
- 28 days of brand-new video prompts and lessons, guaranteed to bust you out of any scrapbooking rut, bring a smile to your face, and make your hair shine!
- Exclusive message board for LOAD members only where you can connect and chat with the coolest scrappers on the Web!
- Private gallery for our members where you share your daily creations, win prizes, and strut your stuff!
- Insiders-only interview with Gretchen Rubin, best-selling author of The Happiness Project. Listen as she shares her secrets on living a happier life (and why scrapbookers have a jumpstart on the ordinary people)
Sound like fun? Ready to join in the fun? Just click this link to sign up. I look forward to seeing you there!
How do you think LOAD213 could help your scrapbooking this year?