Are you bored with 4×6″ photos? Think it is hard to have prints made in other sizes? Today I want to challenge you to think outside of the 4×6″ photo box.
With so many people using their smart phones as their primary camera, many photo processors are adding expanding their product offerings to include square prints. Some companies even offer apps to order prints directly from your phone. I’ll list a few companies to check out in a minute.
You could also think about printing your photos in a unique size, like 4×8″, 6×8″, or 6×12″. It isn’t as hard as it may sound to order, either. Once you upload your photos, it is just a matter of cropping the photo using the processor’s online software.
I have researched a few places to have square and unique-sized photos printed, and here are a few to check out:
- They offer a very diverse range of photo sizes.
- Square photos 2×2″ and up, 3×4″ Polaroids and Project Life, 4×8″ to 4×12″, 6×8″ to 6×18″, and many, many more.
- Their prints are waterproof, which is a total bonus.
- They recently announced “Deco Prints” in a new 4×4″ size.
- Snapfish also offers a mobile app for uploading prints directly from your phone.
- Walgreens has also started offering 4×4″ prints.
- You can print from Instagram using their new iPad app.
So, there are a few websites to check out and play with different print sizes. (And, no, I wasn’t paid to promote them! I just want you to have fun with your photos.)
Do you normally print your photos in sizes other than 4×6″? If so, where do you have your’s printed? Please share in the comments below. Be sure to stop by tomorrow for Day 9!