Welcome to Day 5 of the series, FIND your FIT! (To return to the beginning, click here.)
Now that we have talked about your ‘why’ and how to fit memory keeping tasks into your day, let’s discuss the different types of scrapbooking. First up is pocket scrapbooking (ie Project Life, Picture My Life by Close to My Heart, and many others).
What is it?
Pocket scrapbooking is a way of creating albums using plastic page protectors that are divided into pockets. Slip photos, memorabilia, and coordinating journaling or filler cards into the pockets to create a layout.
Pocket scrapbooking kits are also available for digital scrappers. They are the same concept, only in digital form (not paper), and can be found in many digital scrapping stores.
Why it may be a good fit for you:
- The hard work of selecting a layout is done for you.
- An entire album can be completed in a few hours, if you have your photos printed and have decided on a kit to use. Pocket scrapping is a great way to get photos into an album quickly.
- Choose a theme and purchase a pocket scrapping kit to work with your photos.
- Pocket pages also work seamlessly with traditional scrapbook pages. If you work with 12” x 12” layouts, but have more photos than will fit on your page, a pocket page protector will provide the extra space you need.
- The page protectors come in a variety of sizes and shapes, so they willwork with many different photo sizes and orientations.
- You can mix kits for different looks.
- Pocket pages are great for photo-a-day projects, documenting daily routines, recapping your month, or dealing with a pile of photos from a trip, event, or even an entire childhood.
- No adhesive needed! The photos and cards just slide into the pockets.
- Since the journaling cards and filler cards are pre-printed with designs, don’t have to think about adding anything else to them. You can decide whether you want to add extra embellishments or not. It is totally up to you.
- Do you like pocket scrapbooking? Could it work for you? Leave a comment with your thoughts below.
- Interested in seeing more pocket scrapbooking kits? Click here!