Do you have a back-up plan for your photos? If not, I cannot stress enough how important it is for you to put one in place before it is too late! Hard drives fail all the time. I have read several blogs lately where the writer had a computer crash and they didn’t have their child’s baby photos backed up. How heartbreaking it would be to lose all of those memories! I don’t want to see that happen to you.
Day 5: Back it up!
Let’s get those photos backed up! If you don’t already have a back-up procedure, please look into one. You never know when the worst can happen.
Here are some tips for backing up your photos:
- Establish a routine for backing up your photos.
- Pick a day, like the 1st of the month, to back up your library.
- Use an external hard drive.
- I own a Mac, so I use Time Machine to run a continuous back up of my hard drive. I also copy my photos onto my laptop’s hard drive. I am hoping that with three copies, I am covered. If you have a PC, you can also use an external hard drive to pack up your data.
- Consider using an online back up service to automate the process.
Do you currently back up your photos and other data? If yes, what do you use? Please leave a comment below and tell me your procedure for backing up your data. Check back tomorrow for Day 6’s prompt!