Welcome to Day 17 of the series, FIND your FIT! (To return to the beginning, click here.)
No matter how you scrapbook, everyone could always use a little help with getting things done faster. Here are a few tips to help you speed up the process.
- Use a manufacturer’s kit
Kits usually have coordinating patterned paper and cardstock, matching embellishments, and sometimes a stamp set. Having everything selected for you takes away the guesswork and fear of not knowing what to use together.
- Make your own kits from your supplies
Once you have your photos printed, pick a few papers and embellishments that you would like to use and put everything into a zip-top bag or stack a bunch in a box. Store them until time to scrap.
- Scrapbook using only 4×6 photos
Not having to crop pictures or figure out a size that would work on a page will streamline your process.
- Pre-write your journaling
Sit down and write several stories at one time, or even just an outline for the stories you want to tell.
- Use pocket pages and matching theme cards.
- Scraplift a layout from your own album or from Pinterest.
- Use sketches.
- Create a pre-made layout with a simple design.
- Keep all of your ‘go-to’ scrapbooking items together, so they are ready to use when you are.
And, some bonus tips:
- Keep it simple! By keeping embellishments and techniques to a minimum, you will be able to complete more pages in less time.
- Don’t fuss over decisions. Pick a paper and glue it onto the cardstock. Use only the embellishments you picked for your kit. Don’t keep looking for the ‘perfect’ whatever.
- Remember, done is better than perfect.
- Do you have any tips for faster scrapbooking? Let us know in the comments!
- Did you know that Close to My Heart has kits (called Workshops on the Go)? Click here for more information!